Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Web Conference Reflection


As I posted in my profile, I am currently pursuing my Masters in Educational Technology Leadership. As with many online Masters programs, web-conferencing is used as a tool to familiarize students with other students as well as faculty. Here are my reflections on my very first conference.

I didn’t have the opportunity to participate in the first optional web conference, but did attend the required conference the following week. I was a bit nervous even though I knew the purpose of the conference was purely informational. I plan to make the necessary accommodations in the next couple of weeks to attend the others. I find that I need to acclimate myself to communicating in such a fashion—as I sure it will be required in other courses and also because it is a fantastic tool to use when needing to inform or discuss topics when geographical or time constraints don’t allow for a physical meeting. The content provided for us was informative, as it outlined the requirements for our internship.

I look forward to when I become more acquainted with this format so that I can actually voice my concerns, ask my questions and benefit even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment