Monday, February 20, 2012

Educational Technology Leadership 5306

Course Reflections

My decision to enter the Lamar University online Master’s Program in Educational Technology came to me after a few career centered setbacks last fall.  I wavered back and forth between a master’s in administration and a master’s in educational technology leadership.  I eventually chose educational technology leadership because I felt it was a dynamic program that had the leadership component I was looking for, but also introduced the concept of classroom technology integration, a subject of which I know little.  My decision revealed to me that I am still willing to embrace and engage in new and perhaps scary experiences.  Now that I am in the program, I am extremely pleased with the expectations of my professors, my ability to communicate informally about assignments and the content with this first course. 

I also understand now that I need to stay open to new classroom practices.  I have only been teaching for 3 years and consider myself to be progressive.  However, I learned that as progressive as I think I am, I still cling to some of the more traditional tenets of how to teach, how to manage a classroom and how students learn.  The web tools that I learned about in this course, I narrowly viewed as technologies for personal and entertainment use only.  I now understand the way these can be used to help revolutionize education for our 21st century learners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment