Monday, February 20, 2012

Educational Technology Leadership 5306

Course Reflections

It’s been a long time since I have been asked to write anything of significance.  In high school I do remember writing many research papers but I was required to use MLA as my guide to citing works.  In college, I’m not sure whether I used MLA or APA, either way, my knowledge of both is very limited.  Coincidently, as one of the topics discussed in this first course and one of the outcomes that I’ve struggled with in my coursework submissions, is the fact that resources for gathering research have drastically changed in the last decade.  Physical copies of books are what I am used to citing, but now there are online government publications, online journals, and blogs. As a result, mastering correct APA style and understanding the latest APA handbook will continue to be a work in progress and crucial to my successful completion of my graduate coursework.

No comments:

Post a Comment